Submit a Claim - Hall of Fame - Waiting List - Resign a Claim
affiliate - icon posting guide - claim types - F.A.Q.
Welcome to iconbylyric, yet another icon challenge community, inspired by this post in ihasatardis.
Unlike most 100 icon table communities, the text for each icon is dependent upon a song of your choosing. Your goal is to icon either the entire song, a select verse/chorus, or 50 icons that encompass the general meaning of the song, all connected to a central theme. The theme can be the band that sang it, fandom-related, or as simple as stock images only, a single colour-- nearly any theme will be accepted. So be creative and go wild!
When completed, comment here, and you'll get your name in the Hall of Fame, as well as a shiny banner.
If you'd like to be a banner-maker, please comment here.
Comment with ther questions/concerns/suggestions here.
 Join the community
 Submit a claim
 Post your icons
- Please give  teasers and put the rest behind an lj-cut.
- You do not need to post all icons at once
- Post your first batch within two weeks after being accepted, or your claim is canceled
- Extensions will be granted only if there is no one on the waiting list.
- Outside links are fine, except for on the final batch which needs to be posted to the community in order to be added to memories.
- Use tags!
 After you're finished, comment here with a link to your completed claim.
 Comment, credit and do not hotlink when using others icons.
- If your icons are NOT snaggable, please make a note of this in your post, otherwise it is assumed that icons are free for taking with credit.
There is a more detailed explanation on the differences between claim types here.
The quick claiming guide:
 Check claims list to see if your claim is taken
- There are two separate things you are claiming: song and theme. The song is going to be the text of the icon, the theme the pictures or style.
- There cannot be two claims on a song with the same theme. You may comment here and be put on the waiting list, if you want to do a taken claim.
- There are also three types of claims:
*Full song - 90% of the words must be used, and added words are not allowed, (though tense and word form changes are allowed, ex: is to was or 'cause to because)
*Chorus or a single verse - Use 90% of the verse or chorus that you choose (though tense and word form changes are allowed, ex: is to was or 'cause to because)
*General song - 50 icons using song text, changing, adding and rearranging anything you like. Easier and more open-ended, but has nowhere near as cool of an effect as a finished icon table that spells out an entire song.
 Comment on the claims page with the following form:
 Wait to be approved and given your timeframe.
- Timeframes are as follows:
* Full Song - 100 days
* Chorus or Verse - 30 days
* Chorus and Verse - 50 days
* General - 50 days
* All must have a first batch posted within two weeks of being accepted.
To affiliate, comment here.